Hosting Externally from Magicdust – Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions – Hosting Externally from Magicdust
NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Why we suggest you stay with Magicdust
It is our recommendation to all clients that they host their website with us for a period of 3 months. This is so you have access to our technical support team who can assist you with any queries or questions you may have regarding your new website.
When your website is delivered to you it can be quite overwhelming if it is your first time using the WordPress CMS. Our team are here to answer any questions you may have regarding navigating this system as well as assisting you with showing you how to manage and edit your content and apply changes within the CMS. We want to educate our clients so they can fully utilise the websites that we deliver to them.
Our terms for taking your website to your own hosting environment
If you do choose to take your website to another hosting provider upon the completed development of your website please see the following terms of our process:
- The website will be delivered on a temporary domain name on our servers for a period of two weeks. You will be able to review the website and query our production team on any functional aspects that may need ironing out, which would have been delivered with the initial proposal.
- This only covers any possible design and functionality discrepancies through our Production Team, and does not include any configuration assistance or troubleshooting from our Support Team.
- After the two week period Magicdust will discontinue any further work on your website and you will now need to take your website to your selected hosting platform.
- We will provide your website files to you via a Dropbox link for download. Magicdust endeavours to support you in this process however your new provider will need to assist with the upload and configuration of your website to their servers, if you are unable to complete this task within your business.
- Your website balance will need to be finalised prior to your website files being delivered.
- Once your website files have been delivered, our accounts team will begin to close your account with us and remove your files from our servers.
Upon moving your website to your own hosting environment, you will be able to take full possession of your design and content of your site; however elements of the CMS software will remain on Magicdust servers and you may need to purchase licences to use the CMS (or elements of) on another server.