Must Read Books for New Paradigm Small Businesses
Conscious business, as the movement is known, is an emerging new set of business models which promise to build sustainable, successful businesses with improved quality of life for business owners, staff, suppliers as well as our communities.
Conscious business, in essence, is the principle of a company following a higher purpose and being motivated by that, as opposed to being motivated by profit alone. This is proving to not only be a great idea but it also is working. Being more conscious and authentically caring about HOW you do business has far reaching rewards. And is helping some of the world’s great companies contribute to building the better world we all want to be part of.
But don’t take my word for it, here is my must read list of books from the experts choosen for any small business owner, professional or start-up entrepreneur to get wise and start practicing the principles of conscious business
- Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business by John Mackey & Rajendra Sisodia
- Firms of Endearment: How World-Class Companies Profit from Passion and Purpose by Rajendra S. Sisodia (Author) , David B. Wolfe (Author) , Jagdish N. Sheth (Author)
- Be the Solution: How Entrepreneurs and Conscious Capitalists Can Solve All the Worlds Problems by Michael Strong (Author), John Mackey (Author)
- Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman by Yvon Chouinard
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- It’s Not What You Sell, It’s What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business Is Driven by Purpose by Roy M. Spence Jr.
- Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie
- The New Digital Age by Jared A. Cohen Eric Schmidt III
- The Dragonfly Effect: Quick, Effective, and Powerful Ways To Use Social Media to Drive Social Change by Jennifer Aaker, Andy Smith, Dan Ariely and Chip Heath
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
- Conscious Entrepreneurs: A Radical New Approach to Purpose, Passion and Profit by Christine Kloser
- The Diamond Cutter: The Buddha on Managing Your Business and Your Life by Geshe Michael Roach , Lama Christie McNally
- Wealth and Higher Consciousness by John-Roger
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness (and World Peace) by Chade-Meng Tan
- What Comes After Money?: Essays from Reality Sandwich on Transforming Currency and Community by Daniel Pinchbeck (Editor) , Ken Jordan (Editor)
- Wisdom 2.0: The New Movement Toward Purposeful Engagement in Business and in Life by Soren Gordhamer
- Enough: True Measures of Money, Business, and Life by John C. Bogle
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Spiral Dynamics: Mastering Values, Leadership and Change by Don Edward Beck (Author), Christopher Cowan (Author)
- Sacred Economics: Money, Gift, and Society in the Age of Transition by Charles Eisenstein
- Community: The Structure of Belonging by Peter Block
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra
- True Purpose: 12 Strategies for Discovering the Difference You Are Meant to Make Perfect by Tim Kelley
I know its a big list. And it’s filled with everything from purpose to community to spiritual principles and consciousness. Hope you enjoy the books and are inspired to build more conscious companies.
I believe success is not about who has the most toys wins…I believe success is about HOW you succeeded.